Friday, February 18, 2011

Process Reflection #1

This week I started my independent project. I thought what I started was only going to take one or two classes and not turn into a big project. Instead, I ended up making a collage as the background for my work. It is a lot of work finding the right pictures to go along with what I have in my head. I never really enjoyed making collages but this one I find fun! I like placing the magazine cutouts exactly where I want them and being able to have it look "messy" in a way. I plan to finish this project soonish and then start a new one. I don't know what my next project will be but I want to try something new. I don't want to do the same type of thing I am doing right now. I may try paint or water colors.

1 comment:

  1. I think the experience of this project was such a good one for you M. You had a solid idea and it grew and changed and you changed with it, figuring out how to use materials in different ways and making something wonderful! Sometimes it's a seed of an idea we seek and not an entire plan.

    ReplyDelete