Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Initial Reflection

               Looking back at the work I did a long time ago, I can see how I have grown as an artist. Before, I didn't really think that I could do art or even enjoy it. Now, I figured out what I am good at and like to do. For example, I learned that I love using pastels and using them to do what I want them to do. I am now able to smudge them together to blend them. Recently, I was playing in my sketchbook and realized that I like printing a picture out and then working with it and drawing on top of it or adding detail to it. In addition, I figured out that I do not like working with clay. It always seems to break or not look right to me. Looking back at my previous finished drawings, I like and don't like some of them. I enjoyed making the collage of the scenery with the mountains and the sky, but I did not like making the basketball court collage. The first time I discovered that I enjoyed using pastels was when I made two big flowers and used pastels to add color to the drawing. I am going to miss art next term. It was nice coming to art and being able to relax and not have any stress like my other classes gave me. From being in art and learning that I enjoy it, I am going to stop telling myself that I can't draw and actually try to. I am going to put more effort into my drawings and see what happens!

3 comments:

  1. Nice Mandy. You write, "I am going to stop telling myself that I can't draw and actually try to. I am going to put more effort into my drawings and see what happens!" Are there any other areas of your life that you could see this attitude helping you out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can use this attitude whenever I am going to try something new or do something that scared me a little bit. This attitude would help get over my fears and be able to try new things

    ReplyDelete