Monday, September 20, 2010

Pour Painting

The pour painting activity was really interesting and fun. First, you mixed water and paint together to form "watery" paint. Then, you poured the paint onto a blank piece of paper. You could either have a little control over the placing of the paint, or you could randomly drop the paint. I did a little bit of splatter paint on my painting. I stood up, and poured the paint from a  higher level so i had no control over it. It was interesting to see what shapes the paint created and what direction they went in. Also, I liked being surprised in the shapes that I saw, because I had no idea what they would form like. I was surprised when I was the paints combine together and form a swirl between the two colors. I thought they would combine and create a different color.
When I came back to the pour painting the following day, I saw that the colors were changed, and it looked completely different from what it looked like the day before. I could see shapes and images in my head when I looked at it. For example, I was able to detect a sailboat in the middle of the painting, and the shape of a fish attached to the corner of the painting. My painting is not fully done, I could add more pictures to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment