Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Artist Statement

I have grown so much as an artist this year. I discovered that I like making art and I am not being that bad at it. No one in my family is big in art but they like looking at it. I am usually inspired by my Great Aunt Dodo who is my role model. She is happy, cheerful and full of wisdom.
I have learned that I love using pastels. I like being able to blend them together and make cool drawing out of them. I think that tennis has a big impact on my artwork as well. For example, I loved making the silhouette and the tennis court in my sketchbook. Being able to smudge the tennis ball so it looked like it was moving fast was very interesting to make.
My favorite piece of artwork that I made this year was my queen collage. Camp is extremely important to me and a huge part of my life. When I can't think of what to make, I would always think of camp. Crowns are part of my summer and there are many cool things you can make out of crowns! Overall this year, I have definitely started to enjoy art! When I make art, I am able to forget about being a perfectionist and just make something that feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment