Monday, November 1, 2010

Change of Seasons

 For my glass half full project I drew the seasons winter and fall. The positive piece of the project is the fall part. It is a tree with colorful leaves on it with leaves started to fall off due to the wind. The background is a light blue so it does not take away the attention from the tree, which is also known as emphasis. I used symmetry throughout the drawing. Repetition was also used in my drawing. I repeated the shape of the leaves coming off the tree. The leaves falling off the tree used implied movement. For the negative part, I created a tree with no leaves on it and bare. Winter comes after fall and makes the trees look ugly. The trees become bare and it shows how bitter the season winter is. I used repeating lines by making the branches on the tree in the same shape. I also used a gray background so it would make an emphasis on the tree, but also have it show how bitter the winter is.

No comments:

Post a Comment